Ike Farida is the founder and Managing Partner at Farida Law Office. She graduated her Bachelor's degree in Faculty of Law of University of Indonesia majoring in Civil and Contract Law, she graduated her Master’s degree in legal Faculty of Chuo University, one of top ranking university in the legal field in Japan with Magna Cumlaude honors and she received a Cumlaude honors as a doctor of law from University of Indonesia. With the knowledge she obtained from her studies and experiences in almost every aspect of legal practices, she is widely recognized for her specialty in Labor Law, Corporate Law and Civil Law issues. She is a rare lawyer in Indonesia who can speak Japanese and English fluently. Her fluency in Japanese came from her background as a Bachelor of Arts, Japanese literature in University of Indonesia as well as her experience working at one of the leading Trading Houses in Japan, Marubeni Corporation. She has developed her talent on solving disputes and litigation through her practices with many lawsuits. She is reputable due to her strong sense of high morality and fairness as an Indonesian lawyer and scholar.
As for her contribution in education, she is a visiting lecturer at Hitotsubashi University in Tokyo and in several universities in Japan and a lecturer at many governmental seminars in Indonesia.
She is actively involved in social activities as a chairman of Ike Farida Foundation, a member of Capital Market Legal Consultant, Indonesia Labor Market Regulation Committee and Indonesia Citizenship Regulation Committee and a researcher of the Institute of Comparative Law in Japan. In addition, she obtained a tax course of Brevet A and B License from Association of Indonesian Accountants. She is also a member of Working Group on Regulation Committee under Ministry of Law and Human Rights of The Republic of Indonesia.
She is also well known as a lawyer who is aware in consumer protection law, environment, women rights, children education and protection law. In 2015, she won her Judicial Review appeal in and Constitutional Court case regarding mixed married Indonesian women’s rights on property and land absolute ownership.
Her books and writings are as follows:
- Indonesia Should Go Out From ICSID? (A Study of BIT and FDI), 3rd APRISH (University of Indonesia Conference) - Indexed in Scopus, 2018.
- Establishment and Authority of Gakkumdu and the Relationship between the Forming Institutions (The Elections Supervisory Agencies, National Police, Public Attorney), Journal Published by Andalas University, November 2018.
- Eradicating Gender Discrimination in Working Place in Indonesia, International Journal Published by ICSAI.org, May 2018.
- The Synchronization of Outsourcing Regulation with the Post-Verdict of Constitutional Court No. 27/PUU-IX/2011 (A Review of Justice and Good Governance), 2nd APRISH (University of Indonesia Conference) - Indexed in Scopus, 2017.
- Limited Dual Nationality in Indonesia a Study of Human Right Protection, (International Journal - Indexed in Scopus) published by Gajah Mada University and University of Islam Indonesia, 2017.
- Hukum Kerja Outsourcing di Indonesia (Outsourcing Law in Indonesia), Books published by Universitas Indonesia (UI Press) in 2017.
- Discrimination Against Women with Foreign Spouses in Relation to Land Ownership in Indonesia (International Journal) published by ICSAI.org, 2017.
- Penataan Peraturan Pelaksana Putusan Mahkamah Konstitusi - Studi Kasus Putusan Nomor 27/PUU-XIII/2011 (Arrangement of Implementation Regulations on Constitutional Court Verdict (Case Study on Decision No.27/PUU-XIII/2011), Journal Published by Andalas University dan Jember University, 2017.
- Outsourcing Law Reform in Indonesia, After the Constitutional Court Decision No.27/PUU-IX/2011 (The Analysis of Justice and Good Governance), Journal Published By University of Indonesia, 2017.
- New Paradigm of the Justice of Outsourcing in Indonesia, published by FHUI, 2016.
- Kewarganegaraan di Indonesia: Konsep dan Petunjuk Praktis tentang Kewarganegaraan (The Citizenship in Indonesia: A Concept and Practical Guidance of Citizenship), Books published by Universitas Indonesia (UI Press) in 2016.
- Property Ownership in Indonesian Mixed Marriages, published by Bisnis Indonesia newspaper, 2016.
- Perjanjian Perburuhan: Perjanjian Kerja Waktu Tertentu dan Outsourcing (Employment Agreement: Fixed Term Employment Agreement and Outsourcing), Books published by Law Faculty Publisher Universitas Indonesia (Badan Penerbit FHUI) in 2014.
- Labor Contract and Outsourcing (book), published by the University of Indonesia Law School Press, 2014.
- Recent Situation of Labor Law in Indonesia, published by Chuo University Law Association, 2007.